View Full Version : start and end points in combustion pathes!?

seedo
02 February 2007, 09:16 PM
hello:

i saw my friend useing AE he made a path and there is a start and end points so he can animate his path strock ( like 3d strock plugin), does combustion do that i searched but i couldnt find it.

and can i animate my erase tool like its moving along the path?somthing related to masking.

thank u

seedo
03 March 2007, 09:52 AM
hello:

is my question hard!!! or you didnt understand my question?:eek:

lazzhar
03 March 2007, 07:25 PM
Not sure I got what you mean but if you animate something from point A to point B you will get automaticly a curve between them wich is the path. Then you can edit it if you need.
It works on anything you put in your composition including masks of course.

thatoneguy
03 March 2007, 11:52 PM
I think he's asking about animated strokes. Which I do not know how to do in combustion.

cryptosporidium
03 March 2007, 08:12 AM
I think you cant do animated strokes in simple way in comb. You will have to get either some plugin or overcome it using animated masks :-/ Its one of things i really miss in combustion.

seedo
03 March 2007, 10:17 AM
helloooooooooo guys:
dont worry i got a nice easy solution, its 3dstrock from trapcode a very nice powerfull plugin and easy to use

http://www.trapcode.com/

check the link to c what i made and what i ment

click here (http://sadeed.net/cg_problems/test_cgtalk.mov) right click to save

so tell me what u think

PiXeL_MoNKeY
03 March 2007, 11:36 PM
If that is all you want you can do it with particles as a stencil layer for the final image. If you have Combustion 4 and an Illustrator file it is pretty much automated with expressions. One of these days Ill do a tutorial on doing a write on effect using it.

-Eric

seedo
03 March 2007, 05:18 AM
hello:

that will be so kind of u pixel monckey, i hope u do the tutorial soon

PiXeL_MoNKeY
03 March 2007, 06:29 AM
Here is a simple example of using particles as an Input for Set Matte, I did this instead of Stencil Layer so you can use OpenGL to accelerate the playback. For a perfect sample you would have a Illustator or Combustion created path then using Expressions you can get a pretty automated write on. I have a function that allows you to set the Start Frame and Duration of the expression to control the start and length of the effect. That is what the tutorial should/will cover.

-Eric

CGTalk Moderation
03 March 2007, 06:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.