View Full Version : Render to texture in 3ds9

xCriminalx
02 February 2007, 10:51 PM
Hi there, first post here on the forums been using the information here for months now in my quest to learn 3ds and maya and so far so good!!

Reason for the post though is a question regarding the "render to texture" feature of 3ds...i understand it (i think) but is there ANY way to render out the complete textured UV so that the details could be painted in Photoshop...
Essentially, the problem i'm having is that when i hit the render to texture only a few of the faces, namely the ones i can actual see in the active viewport, get textured yet the rest are completly black. Is there any way to have it render ALL of the faces rather than just the ones that are being viewed???

This would help me get the models that we are creating for the mod textured ALOT faster! ANY advice would be apreciated!

Xoliul
02 February 2007, 12:28 AM
You're having this problem because it uses the default light when rendering to texture.
So just set the material of your object that has to be rendered to texture to 100% self illumination.

CGTalk Moderation
02 February 2007, 12:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.