LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : XSI, WinXP, and Radeon ?

03-28-2002, 09:58 AM
First off let me ask if anyone has tried or is running a Radeon 8500 with XSI and WinXP? What were the results?

Secondly, I have a Radeon 7200 and in WinXP with XSI all the places where you move sliders or input numbers are greyed out which makes it difficult and a bit annoying to read. While you can still see the numbers and such it is obviously not right and I haven't been able to fix it yet. I'd really like to keep XP as I like it better than win2k but I might have to bite the bullet and go back to Win2k.

03-28-2002, 08:21 PM
I have never used a Radeon card but I have seen problems like yours with a few of the older GeForce cards. The solution was to un-install any additional language packs.

I looked at the "certified graphics cards" list at Softimage and it seems like they do not support Radeon cards any more. But they listed an older driver from a previous certification. (Driver # 5.0.3035) Perhaps if you try that one, it might fix your problem.

03-29-2002, 12:04 PM
Languages packs? Language packs in XSI or in Windows?

Hmm, that is a pretty darn old driver I think. I'll look into it though, if that language pack thing doesn't work.

03-29-2002, 12:41 PM
The issue you are experiencing is not just with XSI. The greying out of those numerical input areas is a problem caused by the installation of foreign languages installed on your XP system.

Remove any languages you have (except English) and it will be fine.

Hope that helps,

04-02-2002, 05:06 PM
uninstalling lauguage packs works, but is there any other solution? I definitely need the lauguage packs.

04-02-2002, 05:22 PM
I used XSI with Radeo 7500 and it was terrible!!! It's not possible to work and the interface is jumping around. I asked the support and their answer was that XSI is not compatible to this card...stay away from it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.