XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : yet another head - but not a WIP!

03-28-2002, 05:39 AM
Hi all, well, I lied a little, I'm still working on the hair. Modeled and rendered in LW, textures all hand painted in Photoshop, hair created with LW's SasLite, but I can't seem to get it right. Well, just though I'd post a pic.... any comments/suggestion welcome.

03-28-2002, 05:49 AM
I think I prefer him bald anyway....

Iain McFadzen
03-28-2002, 05:51 AM
Pretty slick work. It's nicely modelled and the texturing is pretty good too. The hair is OK apart from the horrid aliasing.

It's all slightly let down by the fact that eyes are quite obviosuly just tex-mapped spheres and are completely devoid of "life" ( as well as eyelashes). You really should put a bit more effort into your character's eyes, it is amazing the difference it can make to even a cartoon character, let alone a naturalistic one like this.

03-28-2002, 06:09 AM
i am the same opinion about the eye..
but if you use sasquatch ..
itīs look that you dont use the sasquatch shadow shader on the skin ???
or y our hair dont cast shadow.. ??
and turn up you AA higer.. :-)

nice modelle , nice texture..

03-28-2002, 01:56 PM
Ok, well I did'nt just map a sphere for the eyes, but I remodeled them all the same, I think they look a little better now...

03-28-2002, 04:40 PM
hehe the hair reminds me of don king's...

model looks wicked.

03-28-2002, 04:53 PM
Thatīs a great head you have there, Evan !
I think you should definitly give him hair ( there are enough bald heads in the cg universe ;) ) To improve the hair you should make them cast shadows (looks their are missing in the first render) and add a haircut (like the little pic below)... just some suggestions.

Keep up the good work !

03-29-2002, 04:08 AM
thanks everyone for all the comments and suggestions, Ive re done the eyebrows and eyes, and will re do the hair... thanks again.

03-29-2002, 04:51 AM
That's a good modeling really but the textures really need more work, the lighting is a bit flat and the eyes are empty like a doll eyes.

Keep on.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.