View Full Version : What pattern is this?

02 February 2007, 01:00 AM
Hi I found this pattern
and I'm just curious how to recreate it. I'm assuming it's a type of brush. If anyone has any information can they please send it this way?

02 February 2007, 02:46 AM
Hey man, it's not so much a 'pattern' as a design (although it does repeat at the bottom so i may be wrong). It looks like a set of flourishes with a dirty texture through it giving an aged look.
Check out Blue Vertigo ( for a whole set of brush links, there are bound to be some in there.

I hope that helps :)

02 February 2007, 05:08 AM
Seems like my host went down, I hope photobucket does a better job. Anyways, thanks for the link! I'll take a look around. My main problem in finding out how to do this is the fact that I don't really know what it's called. I remember in elementary school all the Macs had a paint program that allowed you to create a similar pattern, too bad photoshop doesn't have this.

edit: Seems like these brushes here ( might be able to serve my purpose. If anyone finds anything else, please feel free to post it. Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
02 February 2007, 05:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.