View Full Version : Methods for creating 3D references from photos

cre8tiv-img
02 February 2007, 07:16 PM
OK. I did a search on the forums first, and I cannot find if there are any threads on how one would create the 3D references (top, front, back, left, right, bottom) from a photograph.

What drawing techniques do you use? Do you use Illustrator or Photoshop and create a basic line art drawing of the photograph? Is it even possible to create a model from one photographic view point? Or do you have to create each view, or have photographs of each different view?

I know there are blue prints out there, but what if you want to create your own from one photograph? (This question might be redundant)

I'm trying to find a simple workflow for creating a basic model that I can then texture and paint in Photoshop. I want to create 3D models of the machinery at the company I work for as a way of adding some 3D artistry to our marketing collateral. I have some old photographs, but only one view. Its not possible to take photographs of some machinery from every angle.

Thanks for your input.

Chad

CGTalk Moderation
02 February 2007, 07:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.