View Full Version : Cebas FinalToon edges problem (max)

AndyH
02 February 2007, 03:28 PM
Hi folks.

How do i access the 'finaltoon - Edges' rollout on my material editor? The Finaltoon effect is applied in the effects menu, and the shader is a finaltoon one.
Basically, i need to give a local value on a material, rather than going with the global one that is defined in the effects panel.

I cant see the finaltoon edges tab anywhere on my material editor! It doesnt appear on any other material type either. Strange...

Its the full liscenced version by the way, not the demo. Im using Max 8.
Just liscenced it fresh today, so i know its not a problem with the install...

Any ideas?

Cheers in advance.

SamSed
02 February 2007, 04:36 PM
You need the finalToon material (not the shader) to get that FT-Edges rollout .
clic on "Standard" button, the mat/map brower will open select finalToon.
Hope this is what you're lookin for.

AndyH
02 February 2007, 07:42 PM
Aahhh.... that makes sense.

I usually just flick the 'blinn' part down to 'Finaltoon', rather than actually change the material with the 'standard' button.
I cant verify it working until im back at work tomorrow, so ill let you know.

Thanks!

AndyH
02 February 2007, 09:40 AM
Just checked it this morning and it works fine!

It resets my materials, so i have to copy n paste colours, values and textures, but its not a major problem. At least it works now.

AndyH
02 February 2007, 11:22 AM
A new question:

Is there a way to give the lines on the surface of an object a different colour than the sihlouette of it?
My concept art has a thick black sihlouette, but the lines that fall inside the sihlouette are all darker variations of the characters' colours.

I know you can isolate the sihlouette in the line properties, but then you lose the lines for the surface shapes. No other edge detection method picks them up as well as 'fold edges' does.
I tried the shadow-in style and it doesnt give the effect im after.

Cheers in advance.

monster_155
02 February 2007, 02:24 PM
hi man!!!

well, at least i can't help you out with your question hope u found the answer some where

i juts wanna say please show us the new character if you re working on it once u finishe it

thx
L

AndyH
02 February 2007, 02:32 PM
Fraid not - its for 'work' work, not my personal stuff and has NDA's and top secret FBI style secrecy and that!

monster_155
02 February 2007, 03:05 PM
cool ..cool btw i have got a suprise for you :rolleyes:

hope u like it

take care

AndyH
02 February 2007, 03:35 PM
Eh? What surprise? :shrug:

monster_155
02 February 2007, 03:43 PM
lol dont worry man it's a good one :thumbsup:

and i will pm you about it becouse it's a WIP

small girl character :)

u always my first inspire mate when i start any character i open all your characters to get the power to start mine

wish u always a good luck

PS: cheak your pm please tomorow morning am finising right now my last renders

CGTalk Moderation
02 February 2007, 03:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.