Sze Jones posted this in her blog:
Blur Studio is looking for a full time Character Modeler. This position is responsible for creating organic and mechanical models.
Job requirements include:
· The ability to model realistic humans, creatures, cartoon characters, and robots.
· Responsible for modeling accessories and clothing for characters.
· Good poly modeling skills required.
· Good understanding of anatomy.
· Must be able to create clean topology for accurate deformations.
· Must be able to create clean mapping coordinates and paint Hi-Rez realistic texture maps.
· Will be responsible for setting up morph targets for phonemes and facial expressions.
· Ability to create hair is a plus.
This position interfaces with all areas in production. So good communication skills are necessary, along with a strong team orientation.
Check out Blur Studio at www.blur.com (http://www.blur.com)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (http://email@example.com)
If you have a web site showing samples of your work, please send us a link by e-mail
Please send demo VHS, DVD, CD to:
Attn: Tom Dillon
589 Venice Boulevard
Venice, Ca 90291
I'm sure highly competitive but just thought I'd put out the word. :)