View Full Version : HARDCORE MODELLING: Ray Harryhausen Tribute: Walrus Giganticus/Diorama

tastyUdon
01 January 2007, 05:48 PM
Hi I would like to join in on the challenge. I decided I'd do giant walrus from Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger. Here's is my first WIP, a block out of the walrus.

Cameo
01 January 2007, 09:38 AM
Good start with the model tastyUdon, I remember the walrus having some killer tusks and crushing one if Sinbads men into the ice, a great choice! Looking forward to your updates.

tastyUdon
01 January 2007, 04:39 AM
Here's my low-res walrus. I am missing claws. I will start uvMapping it and then onto zbrush.
I just realized I have to make the tusks look like killer tusks.

GQ1
01 January 2007, 05:09 PM
Great start! :)

To bad I wanted to do the walrus, oh well.

Cameo
01 January 2007, 10:17 AM
You should do it as well then GQ, theres no exclusivity in what ppl can do as far as i'm aware :)

Good progress tastyUdon, looking forward to seeing the hires version.

tastyUdon
01 January 2007, 01:08 AM
I added in the claws and now I'm on the zbrushing part. I'm really worried about the skin of the walrus around the neck. I tried it earlier but it looked more like cauliflower than hardened skin. Any advice? I'm fairly new to zbrush and I would like to know how I can go about creating that part of the neck.

Dann-O
02 February 2007, 12:46 PM
Well don't know Z brush but hey nto that far from cauliflower. Great to see some progress on this one.

willbrown
02 February 2007, 10:03 PM
You could try masking the area and use the draw tool to add or subtract from where your working without effecting the rest of the model.

CGTalk Moderation
02 February 2007, 10:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.