tcastudios (www.tcastudios.com) -> xfiles -> StepCLOCK item027
StepCLOCK a Clock xpresso rig by tcastudios@2007
Free for any type of work. No warranty.
Needs CinemaR10 and the MoGraph Module for full function.
StepCLOCK runs "by itself" by hitting "Play" in Cinema.
UserData settings (on the XPresso Tag).
1. Trim Secs. Trims/offsets the seconds. Minutes and Hours will follow.
2. Trim Mins. Trims/offsets the minutes. Hours will follow.
3. Trim Hour. Trim(offsets the hour.
4. WarpTime. Multiply the clockspeed.
5. SecArm. Place your Seconds arm object here.
6. MinArm. Place your Minutes arm object here.
7. HourArm. Place your Hour arm object here.
8. Step|Flow. Make the arms "tick" per second or go at even speed.
9. Align. Have the digits placed standing or rotated on the board.
(4 to 8 will "autoturn")
Changing "Align" or using other fonts will mostly likely need "trimming"
the digits to look good on the board.
Select a TextObject and in its AM go to "Words"->Transform.
Here you can trim the digit using the X, Y and maybe Z settings.
The general diameter is set in the "Hours" Cloner, "Radius".
10. DDLStrength. Add some mechanical delay/spring movement to the second arm.
To change the type of digits (to Roman letters i.e.) type -directly-
in the ObjectsManager. By renaming the objects in the OM, the digits will be
the same as the Objects name. The digits are placed under the "Hour" Cloner.