View Full Version : Ctrl_Simbiont textures are sliding in animation

Splin
01 January 2007, 12:28 PM
Hi there!

I am using Ctrl_SimbiontXSI shader for darktree procedurals. I have used darktree repository shaders a lot, but never in animation. Now as I am trying them out in animation project, darktree shaders are sliding and I cant figure out a way to fix them to my object. I have tried to pipe in a Texture_Projection_generator to coords port with spatial projection but it doesn't work.

What to do? Thank you a lot!

ctrl.studio
01 January 2007, 02:11 PM
don't have the shader in front of me, but if I remember correctly try to freeze transforms of the objects and set the coord mode to 'object'.

max

Splin
01 January 2007, 02:30 PM
don't have the shader in front of me, but if I remember correctly try to freeze transforms of the objects and set the coord mode to 'object'.

max

not just freeze texture projection but freeze transforms too???

Do every object in a scene has to have its own material or many objects can also share one?

eman
01 January 2007, 02:48 PM
The spatial projection should work...have you uncheked "at intersection point" ?

Splin
01 January 2007, 07:40 AM
Thanks guys for your help!

Here, to wrap it up how simbionts work on animated objects:

*Use frozen spatial projection on your object with Texture_Projection_Lookup connected to Simbionts coords port
*At options tab set Simbionts "Intersection point" off and system to "object"
*If you want to scale the size of texture, do not use Texture Projection's controls, but use Simbionts scale parameters in options tab. Otherwise errors occur

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2007, 07:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.