Okay, so the title is a corny name, sue me. ;)
Thats cos it started off as, literally, just some scribbles with some abstract brushes in photoshop.
Then i started to see some shapes and decided to start "fleshing" them out a bit, but still keeping it very loose.
So thats where the "Instinct" came from. As for the "Primal" part, thats cos i pretty much only used Red Green and Blue (primary colors for light, not pigments)
What i like most about it though, is that most of the shapes are made up of fractal patterns that i generated in Apophysis, made into brushes in Photoshop and then further tweaked.
This first pic is the "original" scribbles with an eye put it.
- First Pic (http://www.darkness.co.za/gallery/cgsociety/primary/primary.jpg)
There after, it just started becoming a picture to me so i restarted with a Plan.
- Second Pic (http://www.darkness.co.za/gallery/cgsociety/primary/primary_03.jpg)
And heres an alternate version
- Third Pic (http://www.darkness.co.za/gallery/cgsociety/primary/alt_primary_03.jpg)
- The blue bits are meant to be armor (shoulder guards)
- The red bits are meant to be wings (although they also work as fiery hair)
- The red at the mouth is meant to be blood