View Full Version : Parameter value

ShadowM8
12 December 2006, 05:04 PM
Hey,
I've got a question about parameters inside custom attributes or plugins. Basicaly I am looking for a way to access teh value of a preveiously defined parameter without doing the get or set event handler. The reason why I would like to do this is to affect the value of another parameter therefore the value needs to eb independent of the handler.

Thanks for the help!

PEN
12 December 2006, 07:15 PM
Not sure that I completely follow what you are after. Can you be a bit more specific.

ShadowM8
12 December 2006, 07:42 PM
Allright, I am working on a little hand autorig tool and I have a finger curl parameter that is driving the bones with something like

on fCurl set valuecurl do (
rot = eulerAngles 0 valuecurl 0
aFinger.rotation.controller.Wired.controller.value = rot as quat
)

Now this is all working great, what I want is another slider that will control a curl bias. Which means that I want to multiply the "valuecurl" by another parameter. So here is where the question is: I wasn't able to find a property that would allow me to acces the value of a parameter without doing an event handler like above ("on set do" or "on get do").

Hopefully this makes a bit more sense.

CGTalk Moderation
12 December 2006, 07:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.