XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Floating question..

11-24-2006, 06:50 AM
Is possible to install the license server on more than One computer? or the license server is node locked?

i.e. I have 5 comps and a Laptop I wish to jump from one comp to the other, but if I leave
I still want to be able to use it on my Laptop half answer would be to use the laptop as the license server, but I would like to know I can have the license server at least in one or more of the comps of the net just to be safe in case one runs down..

thanks in advance

11-24-2006, 07:50 AM
Have not tried it so i am not 100% sure. But my guess is that with a second License Server you would have to activate your license again. And wether this confuses the whole setup then (two activation codes in parallel) i am not sure about.

When you think about that you probably have only a limited number of activations (as it is with all programs that need to be activated) i would be carefull with playing around too much with that. Only in dialog with e-on maybe. So you should raise this question there - e-on will know a definite answer.

CGTalk Moderation
11-24-2006, 07:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.