View Full Version : Image Based Lighting Problem

rustbucket
11 November 2006, 11:32 PM
Hey folks,

Whenever I try to render in mental ray using Image Based Lighting, I get the following error.

// Warning: (Mayatomr.Nodes) : mentalrayIblShape2: IBL ignored. File texture not found, or constant black input color. //

I've tried starting a completely new scene, creating a sphere, and turning on FG and IBL, but I still get the same error. I have isolated the problem to the HDRI files themselves, as IBL works fine with a normal picture. I have 10 HDR files im using to test the problem, all are working hdr files that open in photoshop.

Anyone know whats up?

Thanks in advance!

fabergambis
11 November 2006, 10:46 AM
Sometimes this Warning message appears to me too, but in the end rendering works fine.

olcho
11 November 2006, 11:40 AM
Are you familiar with HDR Shop? Perhaps you can try to open the hrd in it and reasve it...
I'd play around a bit with the image itself too. perhaps it might do some good...

BlackStorm
11 November 2006, 11:47 AM
Can you share that File ( wich is you rendered ) ?
let me render here then we can find the problem

rustbucket
11 November 2006, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

Ill put that file up for you BlackStorm when I get home today BlackStorm.

rustbucket
11 November 2006, 07:22 PM
Strange, i've downloaded a new HDR image and now it seems to be working fine. I originally switched my old HDR images from my mac to my PC, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Thanks for all the help.

CGTalk Moderation
11 November 2006, 07:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.