This scene was started with the intent of creating a surreal western (http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g304/krasnoarmiich/basic.jpg), as you can see, things have changed. It's current state consists of a diner on an asteroid, with elements of Mayan, and Indian architecture, (along with typical Diner traits) with a strong precense of corporate advertising. So now it's a surreal diner on an asteroid, waiting for customers, and wondering why it was never given a parking lot. (Working on that.)
I was hoping the community could offer me some critiques or suggestions on anything in particular, even if I make it blatantly obvious I know what the problem is. Thanks in advance!
Another 'Essence' Shot:
Wireframes One (http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g304/krasnoarmiich/wire1.jpg) & Two (http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g304/krasnoarmiich/wire2.jpg) : Wireframes renders from Max.
Clay Renders One (http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g304/krasnoarmiich/clayrenders2.jpg) & Two (http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g304/krasnoarmiich/clayrenders.jpg) : Geometry shots rendered with Max's skylight.
Textured (http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g304/krasnoarmiich/textured.jpg) : Unlit within Maya.
Area Shot (http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g304/krasnoarmiich/candoo.jpg) : The wide area of the scene, with some props missing.
Candy (http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g304/krasnoarmiich/candy1.jpg) : Another Candy Shot
- Geometry weighs in at around 15k triangles.
- Most textures are around 256 - 512.
- Geared towards a PS2 - XBox'ish spec.
Problems I Know:
- Grey Cubes : Placeholder magical trees.
- UVs : Some are messy atm.
- Lighting : It could be greatly improved upon, and will. I'll use a higher rez shadow map, and certainly play with some colours as well. I'll also make use of a global illumination globe.
- Reflectivity : I haven't finished all my spec maps yet either. Can't do high quality rendering anymore due to Maya 8's newfound pickyness, so they take a little more time.
- Geometry : Not everything is lined up, as most almost all the components are only starting to come together now. Should be further along in a few days time.
- Skybox : Seams galore. Going to make a cylinder instead in the near future.
- Some Textures : Just ugly, some are. Granted, these are fairly low rez, the highest being the contents of the rooftop at a 512 x 1024 (minus the stone monolith.)
- Colour : Some textures could use a colour tweak to fit into the scheme more, but I'd love to hear what colours would help bring out my scene better.
- Sterile Background : The final will hopefully have rotating nebulas and smaller asteroids. Maybe a flying towel or two.
- The Moat Thing : Still needs its water textures and actual machinery!