I was thinking of using a chain of 4 bones, with some controls constrained to them for the aerials, so that i can go ahead and animate them. Or maybe a bend deformer.
The reason I havent flown in ahead and decided to do this is to do with the feet of the TV as i think that I could maybe use them to help make it look more interesting. Originally I was just going to squash and stretch them as part of the tv group but the problem was due to an expression im using to help the squash affect the group it means that the feet move, and I think I'd want them locked to the floor while it squashed. But i would like them to move closer in when it stretched.
I also thought maybe an Ik leg kind of system using one bone could work to lock the feet in place, then I could have that attached to the main tv curve, so that for example if i move the tv side to side the base of the leg stays.
Im no rigger so i may be wanting too much, but I'd love to be able to make this work the best i can to make the animating it a pleasure
Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this a little mroe fun to animate? I've posted a quick video of the TV just so you can see that its a cartoony looking thing so any ideas would be great and I might need an explanation or to be directed to some tuts.
Thanks a lot (im using Maya 7.0)
- Antenna needs to detach and attach (this can be sorted using the rivet script, hair system or if I used bones within the TV)
- When the TV squashes and stretches im currently using an expression, so that when it scales to a squash in Y it expands in X and Z, and the opposite happens during a stretch.
- For the feet, I had an idea that the Tv might want to walk (well not walk but waddle) I have no idea other than setting up IK on two joints for eash foot. But then how would it work so that when I moved the tv down the feet squashed a little and when I moved it up they stretched??
- If I used bones upon the TV case could I use 3 joints so that I have control over top middle and bottom and how would squash or stretch be achieved with this setup. So far I've used non linear deformers, but the one thing that bugs me is If I make a change to my model and delete history then they dissapear.
the case should be able to squash and stretch, bend Left and Right forwards and back. Asking for a twist might be a bit much I expect.
- I plan on putting a simple morph of the tv screen shooting out (which I think i can manage quite easily)
I hope this is as clear as possible.