View Full Version : Working through tutorial

10 October 2006, 09:18 PM

Trying to work through the Dylan Cole CD's now on the first Landscape painting assignment. I am a beginner at drawing, I can kind of see the color contrast to distance and highlight and shadows, but detailed shapes escape me at the moment, thats where I am stuck. I cant seem to get going in adding details to the rocks, it looks so easy on the DVD :) As you can see I started adding some detail to the top left rock, but it just dosnt look right.... any advice or maybe some exercise that I can work with would be appreciated! Thanks!

PS. If the image dosnt show right away please refresh, dont know why it does this, the direct link is

10 October 2006, 10:28 PM
Edit: At first there was no picture, but then it suddenly appeared, hehe.

Looks like a good start. I would try to study the rocks already in the picture and try to "copy" them over to the rocks you started on, but hey what do I know :rolleyes:

10 October 2006, 07:05 PM
Here is another attempt at matte sketch from scratch...

10 October 2006, 08:35 PM
I`d suggest you to use real texture. That`s in case you`re using Photoshop.
Just find a picture of some rocks and use clone tool. Then just make final touch with your drawing.
P.S. The best place to find pictures is
P.P.S. Denis, ty po-russki govorish? :)

CGTalk Moderation
10 October 2006, 08:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.