View Full Version : Vegetation?

Breed47
10 October 2006, 09:19 AM
Hi!
XSI kicks ass, but wherever I search I just canīt seem to find any information about creating vegetation in XSI. Any tips and tricks you could share?

bravmm
10 October 2006, 11:38 AM
You could create some groups with models and paint them with hair, or go the xfrog 3d plants route, importing obj's.

direct link for hair instancing: http://softimage.com/downloadsrv/process.asp?file=/Videos/NFT50/13_Hair_Instancing_and_Styling.wmv

or just use the groups and scatter them over your terrain.

cheers,

rob

Felipe
10 October 2006, 12:16 PM
There is a plug-in to import xfrog files directly, you can find it in the xfrog site. Don't need to export/import using .obj.

cheers,
Felipe

Bullit
10 October 2006, 06:23 PM
Kick Vue D'Esprit guys to speed up release of their connection plug in :)

JDex
10 October 2006, 06:30 PM
Kick Vue D'Esprit guys to speed up release of their connection plug in :)

100% total agreement... Working on a project that will need it. I hope they release before we need to find another solution.

xzevlin
10 October 2006, 05:09 AM
Has anyone tried the Verdant plugin for XSI from Digital Element? I talked to them about it at Siggraph 2005, then emailed them about it a few months ago and was told it was available for purchase. But their website hasn't been updated in ages, so I've been hesitant to buy it.

Breed47
10 October 2006, 07:34 AM
We run Vue at work. Purchased xStream later to work with 3ds max, but without success. But I think itīs the computers fault. They suck! Maby we should kick e-on in their buttto speed up their development of xStream for XSI :-D .

Havnīt tried xfrog, but Iīll check it out. Neighter have I tried the Verdant plugin.

I really like working with Vue. So you say itīs possible to create a group ov trees and paint them with hair? How cool isnīt that? Iīll try that as fast as I get home after work.

thedoc
10 October 2006, 10:38 AM
I'd instance the hair too. VUE rocks... it's an excellent partner to XSI... Softimage should buy it....

terencemace
10 October 2006, 03:55 PM
Vue 5 Infinite is pretty cool. And I think Vue 6 is coming out with the Xtreem plugin for XSI. I hope so.

CGTalk Moderation
10 October 2006, 03:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.