XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Placement of eyes

09-29-2006, 11:23 PM
I'm wondering if anybody has any advice on the placement and shape of the eyes within the head. I know the corner is placed above the wing of the nose, yet I have a tendency to draw the eyes (At least the upper lid) first and it tends to get a little silly.
Is there a way of judging the shape and how the shape curves around the head?

Thanks alot

09-30-2006, 11:51 AM
Hi FarDays

What works for me is to simplify the form of the head I want to draw into a sphere where the sides are sliced off a bit.
Adding a cross wher the horizontal line represents the eyebrow line and the vertical line is used as a guide for nose and mouth placement, will surely help determine the correct place of the facial features.

If this isn't making much sense, take a look here (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=3709499&postcount=34)where I was facing the same problems with respect to placing the facial features...

Hope it helps,

forgot to mention that if you can get your hands on books from Andrew Loomis and Burne Hogarth, you should not hesitate :)

CGTalk Moderation
09-30-2006, 11:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.