View Full Version : XSI: Biped Rig Anomoly

MonkeyLord
09 September 2006, 04:01 AM
I'm having a bit of a problem with the biped guide and creating a rig from the guide.

1. I've shaped the guide as needed to fit the character model. However, when I generate the rig, the right foot, starting with bone RFootBone1 is complete wrong. Here's a screenshot showing the problem:

http://www.badgeofblood.com/monkeylord/wackyrig.jpg

The right foot (the one on our left) is positioned entirely incorrectly. I can recreate the problem easily... every time I've loaded the guide and moved the ankles into proper positions, the right foot comes our mangled when I generate the rig.

So, what I need to know is:
1. What am I doing to cause this? Or is this a known bug?
2. Or, failing that, how do I move the bone into the proper position?

I don't have a lot of experience with character rigging in XSI, and I can't seem to find out how to move the bone into its proper position at the end of the shin bone. Every attempt I've made to apply a transform has failed.

Thanks!

PS: Also of interest: In everything I've read, I SHOULD be able to delete items from the biped guide, like fingers, correct? Well, everytime I've tried to do so, the script that generates the rig will invariable freeze about 1/4th of the way through the cycle, with the progress bar indicating that it was trying to generate the hands. :| I don't need ANY fingers for this model, but attempts to remove them from the guide and successfully generate the rig have failed.

Oh, and I'm using XSI 5.1

CGTalk Moderation
09 September 2006, 04:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.