So I have been working on this Court for a little while, Thanks for all your comments on my first try. As I mentioned last time, I wish to attain a position as an environment modeler for next generation console games. I am currently building my portfolio from scratch. With this environment I am trying to match a look like EA’s NBA street V3
Since last time I have:
- Completed more of the texturing for the scene
- Placed the camera at an in-game angle and deleted anything not in its view.
- Currently the Poly count is 42000 tris. I’m using 28 512x512s for this scene but I think can cut that down.
- Reworked the court fence, grass and telephone poles
- Below, the first two shots are renders, the second two are screen shots, and the last is a wire frame screen grab.
When I compare my work with V3 or others games with nice environments like NeedForSpeed(most wanted) I think there is a ‘sharpness’ that is missing from my work. I also wonder if the scene is too dark overall.
If youáll have any ideas as to how I can make this scene more “game like” and any other advice, ideas, comments, suggestions, elements to add, critiques, etc I would really appreciate it.
Thank you for your help,
And thanks to GLandolina, Space Rabbit, Gamedev, Gradius Cancer, and Urgaffel for last times help.
You can view my last attempt here: