View Full Version : HP nx9420 and XSI 5

bradka
09 September 2006, 02:41 PM
Have you got any experience with notebook HP nx9420 and XSI 5?
I plan to buy notebook for XSI, but I don't know which one I should choose.
This HP looks very good /and very good price as well -1200GBP/, but inside is ATI X1600
graphic card and I read some forums there, where someone wrote about problems with
this ATI graphics card. Tell me your opinion and experience with this X1600 graphic card and XSI.

revolutionarystudios
09 September 2006, 02:51 PM
i dont think a laptop(notebokk is good for 3d or animation becuase its dosent have that much power on it

JDex
09 September 2006, 03:21 PM
I disagree... while they aren't necessarily good for all things, if you work on the move alot, you can get a great deal of work done on a good mobile machine. I've worked on a long-in-the-tooth laptop exclusively for about a year, and have been very productive.

I can't speak for that particular laptop, but I tend to steer very clear of any system with an ATI card, especially when it's integrated, like a laptop. It's not that I'm anti-ATI or pro-nVidia... it's just that my luck with ATI's and XSI (not to mention other apps) has been hit or miss in a big way. I know many other XSI users feel the same way.

CGTalk Moderation
09 September 2006, 03:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.