View Full Version : Fire Fox Help!!!

Kansai
08 August 2006, 02:32 AM
Hello all my system got shut down suddenly and when I rebooted and launched fire fox I noticed that all my book marks were gone. Is there any way I can restore this. Any help or links would be great. The rest of my system is fine. Running windows xp sp2 and fire fox version 1.5.0.6

salmonmoose
08 August 2006, 02:41 AM
You could dig around in the profile directory;

It's worth using something like google browser sync or a service like del.icio.us so that your bookmarks are stored remotely, in case of a system failure, you can get them back.

salmonmoose
08 August 2006, 02:44 AM
On windows, your book marks are here:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\SOMERANDOMNUMBER.default\bookmarks.html

there is a backup in that directory (bookmarks.bak) which you could replace the html file with.

Kansai
08 August 2006, 03:41 AM
Hello salmonmoose thanx for the reply and help. Well I copied the files to my desktop and then tried to import them but no luck I believe they are corrupt although it does show a file size in KB(kilo bytes) but when I tried to import I get nothing I even renamed the .bak file to bookmarks.html and it was also empty. I think I am out of luck damn. I will back up more often from now on :(

CGTalk Moderation
08 August 2006, 03:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.