View Full Version : Water Reflections?

01 January 2003, 06:51 AM
Photoshop Reflections
Does anyone have any helpful tips on how to get a layer to reflect on the ripples of a lower layer that is say, of water?

Here's the idea:

Render Clouds
Gaussian Blur
Radial Blur @ 70
Bas relief and then chrome for water (don't remember exact settings)
channel mix colors to make water color... or something like it

then after that, is there any way to i guess... "texture map" something onto those ripples?? ehr... I hope I'm making sense...

01 January 2003, 07:06 AM
hurm, you could try displacement.

Save the image with the settings you have above as a .psd and open the image you wanted to distort with it. Apply filter>distort>displacement and choose 10 and 10 for width, height options to start with. When you hit ok, you can choose a displacement map, which would be your watery image.

You might have to adjust the contrast and whatnot for your watery image to pronounce the effect, or choose better displacement that what your looking for?

01 January 2003, 07:11 AM
ooh, sounds good. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!!! =D

school sux... dunn0 when I can give it a sh0t though... :thumbsdow

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.