View Full Version : Modeling Abu Simbel temple

naria
08 August 2006, 03:22 AM
How would you go about starting off the modeling process with this temple? Polys or Mesh? Or even NURBS?

I have included a reference picture, I have more, but I didn't want to put them all here and create a 2000 foot post :rolleyes:. Any tips and techniques are welcomed.

Thank you

http://galeria.organic.hu/2002_08/minimundus/165%20Abu%20Simbel.jpg

tide78
08 August 2006, 05:07 AM
That's a good one man, If I were to go about it and I had plenty of reference, I would match up the camera on a couple of shots that I think have enough info to get me to the proper scale, then I would work from there, using my other photos as reference. I like to work with polys personally, and would feel comfortable doing it in polys, but each unto his own for modelling technique. The best advice I can give you is to just play around and go with what feels natural to you. Good luck man.

-Z

shadowedge
08 August 2006, 07:45 AM
Sound advice there from tide :)

In addition tho, after your image has been "rotoscoped" into your vviewport,
what I would do is use a grid / plane (polygonmesh) then subdivide into segments that'll follow the shape of the mountain(?) then extrude inward. And I'd model the statues separately.

good luck on your work!

CGTalk Moderation
08 August 2006, 07:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.