XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Config files

08-04-2006, 10:09 PM
I got a question about the config files. Did a search on the forum but did not find anything specific. More specifically the default location that these files are save. I am running LW 9 and LW 8.5 (just for the time being). I would like the config files to be save in specific locations and different from each other. Currently both versions are saved (PC) in my default Documents and Settings folder. I have additional menu and keyboard shortcut config files in an other area. Just want to get more organized and not forget were all this stuff is hidden at.

08-05-2006, 01:36 AM
I don't know how different it is on the PC, but on the Mac you can open up the "cmdline" files for modeler, layout, hub, and LSWN in a text editor and put a custom path to save your config files to.

the syntax on Mac is:

-p "filepath" -c "filepath"

Where "filepath" is the location where you want to save the configs. Keep the quotes around the filepath name.

08-05-2006, 10:49 AM
I set up a box as a Linux fileserver running Samba. This allows me to get over the 10-machine networking limit of Windows XP Pro.

The XP Pro boxes I use to pull up LightWave from the fileserver use the shortcut:

Y:\LW9\LightWave_3D_9\Programs\lightwav.exe -cY:\LW9\Config

My config files are housed in Y:\LW9\Config directory.

I have a similar setup for LightWave 8.x

I just transfer my USB dongle between boxes as required.

If you do try/use Linux, just remember to use underscores instead of spaces as Linux doesn't like 'em.

CGTalk Moderation
08-05-2006, 10:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.