View Full Version : Slow rendering?

almux
08 August 2006, 07:44 AM
http://www.pro-networks.org/forum/viewstory.php?t=80640

Here's something to get for render farms and even middle ranged 3D studios!
(smaller studios will have to gather cash before even dreaming getting one!)

mlanser
08 August 2006, 08:58 AM
that's far out. Yesterday i was on the alienware site and configured a workstation with everything that was available for fun and got ~11k $.
But this one here is out of control!

almux
08 August 2006, 01:48 PM
that's far out. Yesterday i was on the alienware site and configured a workstation with everything that was available for fun and got ~11k $.
But this one here is out of control!
Few years ago it would have taken two buildings to gather the much needed calculator. So, in a way, 17'000$ is much cheaper than a house! ;))
Taken anyways around, the possibilities for a single creator to get real great tools are tremendously marching towards fabulous open skyways!!!

Kaostick
08 August 2006, 02:40 PM
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=388440

Still on the front page too..

jewalker
08 August 2006, 04:40 PM
This looks perfect for tiled displays and immersive environments. I was doing research on software systems to distribute the rendering tasks to let's say 20 tiles of a display wall. This required 20 computers each with it's own graphics card to drive the 20 projectors. If you could have 20 graphics cards attached to a single computer, this would save a lot of the distribution and synchronization problems.

almux
10 October 2006, 07:56 AM
This looks perfect for tiled displays and immersive environments. I was doing research on software systems to distribute the rendering tasks to let's say 20 tiles of a display wall. This required 20 computers each with it's own graphics card to drive the 20 projectors. If you could have 20 graphics cards attached to a single computer, this would save a lot of the distribution and synchronization problems.
OhOoh! Do you mean that if I'll plug 4 GCs in the Mac Pro's expansion slots I could tile the screen into 4 parts...? Or am I total wrong?
As is, I could just hang 4 screens... it would probably need some "tiling application" or some "utility" otherwise... I wonder what those monitors use for the multicamera surveillance services?

CGTalk Moderation
10 October 2006, 07:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.