View Full Version : Luxology siggraph news video

Mike RB
08 August 2006, 06:44 PM
Some news from Luxology for those of us not able to attend Siggraph:

202 announced, some nice improvements.

Way faster rendering, nicer GI calculations, interactive UV relax pinning, synoptic view (currently used as thier teaching/demo interface).

Video direct download (right click save as)
http://content5.luxology.com/event/2006/SIGGRAPH/Luxology_Brad_SIGGRAPH2006.mov

Video Torrent download:
http://content5.luxology.com/event/2006/SIGGRAPH/Luxology_Brad_SIGGRAPH2006.mov.torrent

pensart
08 August 2006, 07:16 PM
Cool video, but cant wait for the other 2 that air the 2nd and 3th.

Phil Lawson
08 August 2006, 07:20 PM
Object bakeing and uv overlapping...very helpful features. :)

PaulAdams
08 August 2006, 07:25 PM
If I were in the market for a new 3D App right now, that video would've put it amongst the top choices. If only more companies presented their software like this. Their UV Mapping is amazing.

williamsburroughs
08 August 2006, 07:31 PM
Hey Mike, what tools did you guys use for the Lenovo Thinkpad ad?

Damn Sweet!:buttrock:

monovich
08 August 2006, 07:34 PM
looking very nice! I have no doubt that when they add the tools for a complete all around package it's going to be very tempting to switch.

Mike RB
08 August 2006, 07:42 PM
Hey Mike, what tools did you guys use for the Lenovo Thinkpad ad? Damn Sweet!:buttrock:

modo, maya, xsi, and lightwave.

modo and xsi for some modelling. modo also for mesh cleanup and UV's.
maya for particles and maya+mentalray for some of the rendering.
the lightwave for most of the animation and rendering.
It was a fun project.

jorust
08 August 2006, 09:57 PM
modo, maya, xsi, and lightwave.

modo and xsi for some modelling. modo also for mesh cleanup and UV's.
maya for particles and maya+mentalray for some of the rendering.
the lightwave for most of the animation and rendering.
It was a fun project.

Cool ad.
You've got the dream gig man...

steveblake
08 August 2006, 10:32 PM
Video direct download (right click save as)
http://content5.luxology.com/event/2006/SIGGRAPH/Luxology_Brad_SIGGRAPH2006.movanyone else getting "Error -2048:the file is not a movie file" when they try opening this file?

DanielD
08 August 2006, 10:37 PM
I hope they have enough money to last some more years and fully develop their app, modo is trully one of the best pieces of software i have landed my hands on for the past decade, an d the price is also nice... i only wish that in siggraph 2007 they are launching modo 301 with animation :D

DanielD
08 August 2006, 10:49 PM
anyone else getting "Error -2048:the file is not a movie file" when they try opening this file?

I downloaded my file from content4 server not content5 server, perhaps it is a bad copy?

Sonk
08 August 2006, 11:24 PM
anyone know if the painting tools have been fixed? the new additions are lovely, but i really want to do some painting in Modo... :)

CGTalk Moderation
08 August 2006, 11:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.