View Full Version : Mapping Constraint

Slurry
08 August 2006, 02:27 PM
Hi All,

Does anybody here have experience using the Mapping Constraint in Motionbuilder 7?

I have some Mocap of a person throwing a prop (the prop has optical markers on it).
But the scale from my Actor is different than my model. So I want to get the prop animation onto the smaller model prop.
It looks like the Mapping Constraint is perfectly tailored for this but I can't get it to work without zeroing out the offset.
In which case the smaller prop moves the same distance as the larger optical data. I need the distance the prop moves to be relative in size to the character.

Has anybody out there got the Mapping Constraint to work correctly?

Art

Slurry
08 August 2006, 02:56 PM
Ok, it looks as though the reason why the constraint wasn't working was because the offset between the parent/child of both the source and the constrained objects were both zero.

By changing the starting distance between parent and child, the reference and source have a relationship to calculate the relative animation.

Thanks!

Art

CGTalk Moderation
08 August 2006, 02:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.