View Full Version : help : XSI trial crashes on startup ?

Nemoid
08 August 2006, 02:16 PM
This morning winzoz crashed i dunno exactly why, and now at startup XSI tries to recover a supposedly saved scene. it says i have to restart it to restore things, but everytime tells the same thing. i've tried to clear XSI temp file but nothing changes. ??
what could i do to fix this?
:shrug:

sblair
08 August 2006, 07:06 PM
Try running Application\bin\runonce.bat

Dionicio
08 August 2006, 01:41 AM
Whenever XSI crashes on me and I restart it, I'm asked whether or not I even want to attempt to recover the project, it doesn't automatically recover it without asking my permission.

Does it give you the same option? I'd just select "no."

Nemoid
08 August 2006, 07:26 AM
the first time it didn't asked this, but other times i restart it asks me.
I hit NO, then it continues startup a bit, then says : successfully saved scene before system failure restart the application to recover the scene. I hit ok,(even because i have no other choice) before quitting another message appears :
error
in SOFTIMAGE|SICORE engine the application will be closed. it quits and doesn't restart,

and if i restart i get the whole same behaviour. :(

sblair
08 August 2006, 11:53 AM
Did you try running runonce.bat?

Nemoid
08 August 2006, 02:30 PM
i tried that from softimage command prompt .
i dunno exactly what this should do i added to C:\Softimage\XSI_5.11_Foundation\Application\bin> runonce.bat
it does something, but again, XSI doesn't start after that.

using winzoz command line it says it cannot run it : ilcor 10.dll wasn't found

its maybe a shared Winzoz dll that was corrupted?

sblair
08 August 2006, 03:13 PM
runonce.bat re-registers the XSI dlls. It is kinda like re-installing. For some users, it gets rid of the problem you are having.

Other things to try:

- rename your Users folder

- delete any crash backup files in your Projects
eg look for folders like "Project-name\system\user-name\CrashBackup" and delete any crash backup files

- reinstall the driver for your graphic card

SimonPickard
08 August 2006, 05:02 AM
try uninstalling quicktime and see if that fixes it.

regards,
simon

Nemoid
08 August 2006, 06:59 AM
ok i'll try all.

hey this QT suggestion could also fit.
actually XSI stopped working properly after new QT install i did cause pixologic new vids didn't work with the older one.this sux, tho, because i'd wanna see all sigg vids i can found, and most of them are QT

edit:
ROFLMAO : uninstalling QT did fix it !!

its probably something in the new version of QT disturbing XSI ? :eek:
ok so far i'll try using another movie viewer , but i'm curious about why this happened?

SimonPickard
08 August 2006, 07:04 AM
Use the quicktime standalone, and not quicktime + itunes.

Regards,
Si.

Sbowling
08 August 2006, 10:06 AM
Use the quicktime standalone, and not quicktime + itunes.

Regards,
Si.

Better yet, use quicktime alternative and watch QT files in a real media player. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
08 August 2006, 10:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.