LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : rig your cars more.. losers :)

07-01-2006, 04:20 AM
this is the continuation of my super popular thread, come on losers detail your cars more. (

first a couple movies showing the suspension and body rig rig. fully automated suspension, the antenna uses dynamics, all the panels have animation controlls.

the interior is also fully detailed and rigged for animation

so that was technically cool but you are saying why bother, so now for the fun stuff.. little trucks doing skateboard tricks in the back of a big truck (stand-in meshes currently)

right click save as or it wont play !!

next is the toon rigging for the skater trucks, heres some tests frame and realtime preview

the car has full engine and interior, check out the other thread for more shots o the untoonified mesh.

i came up with a pretty slick rig but i'm too tired to explain it right now. the toon deforms are a layer thats completely separate of the basic rig with the suspension, so it can be toony or not with an attribute, is the functionality.

07-03-2006, 05:15 AM
latest progress, just cleaned up a bunch of stuff and added some "facial" rigging.

07-04-2006, 07:04 AM

heres a frame of the animation latest version with the face rig. also improved the road surface (imo) and tweaked the IBL to have a less blue light..

07-04-2006, 06:28 PM
to be honest with you the whole model and rig are just awsome and no more, i realy respect good work, come on show more with rendered frames it will be just great.:thumbsup:

07-05-2006, 02:45 AM
i put a camera move in because i want the shot for my reel to not just be a repeating loop, and i'm rendering out that test of the truck bouncing on my workstation as i type this.. its a pretty slow render, about 45 mins a frame with the motion blur at video res..

CGTalk Moderation
07-05-2006, 02:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.