XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : smoothing text?

01-15-2003, 10:51 AM

when ever i make text it all was looks realy jagady and ugly i pick smooth form the top of the window and it looks a bit better but still bad any way i can fix it easy ?

Ian Jones
01-15-2003, 01:28 PM
So you have turned on antialiasing? probably the same as smoothing in this case.

It really depends where you are using the text. For a picture that will be displayed on screen? or for print? If you are doing it for print then you should increase your resolution for a sharper image when printing and you wont get any aliasing problems.

01-15-2003, 02:21 PM
hi there,

what platform are u using photoshop on?? mac or pc?? maybe (on mac) your screenfonts are missing in your systemfolder and photoshop then only displays this trashy text. please post your platform...

01-15-2003, 07:53 PM
i use a pc runing win 2000 prof

but i think i fixed it now what happend is i think some how the layer got bigger so it showed the jagedy edge of the text

thx for you help any way:thumbsup:

01-23-2003, 08:04 AM
are u creating and resizing the text as a regular image layer or as a text layer? If the text has already been rasterized, it'll come out like trash when u expand it... but if it still is in its original text vector format, it'll come out clean.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.