XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Lowman 1.2 installation

06-19-2006, 06:20 PM
hey guys, theres a step on the lowman installation that tells you to edit the maya .env file, but i dont know how. could anyone tell me?

tarun jain
06-20-2006, 01:18 PM
u'll find the env. file in C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\maya\7.0 (if u use windows); open it with either notepad od wordpad and just copy paste the lines

MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH = C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\maya\7.0\scripts\LowMan\scripts

XBMLANGPATH = C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\maya\7.0\scripts\LowMan\icons

change the username here
if u dont have the file there just create a new notepad file and save it as maya .env file, u'll just have to copy paste the above lines there offcourse.hope this helps.guys please correct me if i'm wrong.

06-20-2006, 01:21 PM
alright thanks that worked

07-13-2006, 08:55 PM
so how do you use the rig after you have done this?

everytime I load the lowman it doesn't have a rig. just geometry,

tarun jain
07-25-2006, 06:08 AM
When u get the geometry ,u will also get the make set up UI which allows u to change the character to ur prefrences (basically the sizes),just hit the make setup button when u r done with the resizing of the character.
Or if u have loaded the pre made lowman like the lowskate of the lowfat , u just have to click the button on the extreme left of the lowman shelf, which will again pop up a UI that allows u to resize ur character and just hit the make setup button and viola! u have a ready to animate character. i hope this is clear enough.

CGTalk Moderation
07-25-2006, 06:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.