View Full Version : Rigging a chest using biped/physique?

digitalputty
06 June 2006, 10:15 PM
:banghead: I've been bashing my head against a wall trying to figure out how to rig/skin a womans chest in 3DSM 8 using Bi-ped & Physique (required for class to do one Biped/Phsyique & one Bones/Skin). Ive been typing in weights and using the envelope tool but it never works ... the breasts keep getting squished when I rotate the spine forward & elongated when I rotate the spine backwards. Is there a tutorial on this anywhere (checked here and 3dtotal) ... or, just some help on here would be super-dooper. :D

Thanks!

MOSS
06 June 2006, 10:50 PM
I would suggest using skin instead of physique. It is much easier to weight, and in my opinion alot better. I know Sandeep says to use Physique, but how much can he complain since skin works with biped, when I had his class he never even told us that. I would go with skin and see how it works. If you want you can send me the file cr_moss@hotmail.com and I could take a look at it for you.

digitalputty
06 June 2006, 10:55 PM
lol

That really creeped me out that you said/typed Sandeep. LOL.

Will he let us use Skin instead of Physique for class? :O

I might try skin in a bit... :P

MOSS
06 June 2006, 10:58 PM
I did it, my girlfriend did it, and I know a few others, he didn't say anything. And since it works, why not do it? Its an animation class anyway right?

digitalputty
06 June 2006, 11:01 PM
The assignment is for Character Animation ... so, the class where we learned how to use physique and skin, etc. :\

MOSS
06 June 2006, 11:14 PM
Yeah I know, It just bothers me the way he teaches that class. I mean it should be called Character RIGGING not Animation, or the class should be split in two. And I don't understand why he is so in love with character studio, especially Physique. But I guess there's really nothing we can do about that. It just bothers me when I see so many students struggling with CS all quarter when they thought they were going to get to do some character animation.

digitalputty
06 June 2006, 11:20 PM
Yeah it should be called something else.
Im trying to use Skin right now instead of Physique ... ha! I forgot how to use it. :( Oh well ... Ill figure it out.

digitalputty
06 June 2006, 11:58 PM
So I know for later ...

How would you rigt the breasts to 'bounce'? lol. I would assume bones would be added to the breasts and skinned like other limbs? :D

MOSS
06 June 2006, 01:06 AM
Yeah, that's the easiest way. You could also automate the bounce by using spring controllers, flex modifiers, or even reactor. But hand animating it would probably work best.

CGTalk Moderation
06 June 2006, 01:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.