View Full Version : black areas appear with final gather

aristea
06 June 2006, 08:00 PM
i get image flaws when i render with final gather when there are any kind of shadows involved in the scene. this is an area blackened like in the image attached. please help

aristea
06 June 2006, 08:32 PM
i read the threads of other people having the same problem, so i m being more specific since i dont seem to fit in any of the occassions:
-the material used is a shellac material
-the problem persists whatever kind of shadow i use, raytraced, mr shadow map, etc
- whatever filter or min max sample number
- there are no reflect/refract maps
- there are no negative rgb values or light values
-its a camera view
-i m using fg without gi because gi seems to take ages to render and this is an animation scene

what i m trying to avoid is rendering a separate shadow pass and an ambient/occlussion pass, i just want to get a correct all-in-one rendering...
thanx a lot

dimaxyz
06 June 2006, 09:02 PM
no reply's..........
Maybe something wrong with NORMALS../?
I dont know sorry.

StratusFarm
06 June 2006, 03:22 PM
I could have sworn that i read somewhere that a certian combination of Falloffs and raytrce in a material can cause this.
FOr the fun of it, post your material settings.

3DMadness
06 June 2006, 04:02 PM
I had once a similar problem and it was related to the material. Have you tried place a similar material not using the shellac? I bet it doesn't work well with MR and FG.

CGTalk Moderation
06 June 2006, 04:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.