View Full Version : ...scaling??!!??

03-11-2002, 08:42 AM
allright... i m kinda new to LW...

i want to scale some points along an axe in perspective (and perspective only i don t want to change view) viewport to make em closer so i grab the points and press H constraint on the good axe and everytime i start scaling it screw all deform the mesh and move points on the other axes too bend "edges" insteead of just scaling em right (works fine in front view but i want to do it in perspective only) why the hell it dont work?

Simple just created cubes in fig A

and in fig b i want to do the same but on rotated box (along normals.. or local for max users)

thanx alot for your help!

03-11-2002, 09:06 AM
um if im folowing you correctly you can use the stretch tool ! ? but maybe inm not readin it right youll still have to rotate them though

03-11-2002, 09:21 AM
well that s 2 different case...

the most important is the 1st cause at top... i suppose the 2nd can be handled differently...

I just want to scale the points on an Z axis without it mess the pespective...

This is what i have when i use the stretch tool in perspective
and yes i constraint it on the good axe byut it won t work for some reasons....

see, it screw the aligement (on the left) instead of being liek i want (on the right) :(

03-12-2002, 06:17 PM

U can also use the move tool to get the proper look:lightbulb

I think

03-12-2002, 11:56 PM
yes that s what i used in the right but ack still don t understand why a scale on a constrained axe move on other axe too it s not right...

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.