View Full Version : Rainbow6 Critical Hour Cinematic Mattes

05 May 2006, 02:00 PM
hi there!

I was doing Art direction / Matte Paintings for a short Cinematic of a new "Rainbow 6" Game, The Set Was terribly Boring, but we had to deal with it (as it is in the actual Game :p) Square blue pool... BTw, we tried to push like Ridley would maybe have done with a box Set :lol: , I tried to bring this to a better level, playing with light and dirt... hope you'll like the Dark pool mood ...
(final resolution was 720 x 576)

Based on a Mid Rez modeling by Ghislain Ouellet

05 May 2006, 05:31 PM
raphael, it's great to have you here sharing these amazing images, you said the set was boring but with light , and attention to detail you've got some very nice images here, I love the exposure and the colors you've done here, also the cameras you've choosen are great, for composition ,
did u use 3D for reference? or is it all 2D ?

great ones, raphael, hope to see more soon , keep up the excellent work !

05 May 2006, 01:24 AM
Hi James :)

Yes I used low rez modeling for perspective, quiet place this forum!

05 May 2006, 03:21 AM
Thats what im talking about, look all those beatiful textures, please some tips ( i have already posted a tuto request) to do some nice texturing.

Beatiful job by the way.

05 May 2006, 02:09 PM
Hey Raph !! great work... nice to see you in this forum also !

I really like thoses pics... (they really did the job in the intro)

Amazing work considering the insane pace we had to follow to get everything out on time ..

05 May 2006, 05:20 AM
These are really awsome! One question though, where you given seperate layers to do the matte or was it a plate of single image? I'm really feeling the mood of the environments. My eye keeps on leading around the images, great compositions. Beautiful work, well done!:applause:

05 May 2006, 12:02 PM
Yes Square Pixel, it was separate layers so I could work on different layers to create depth :)

05 May 2006, 02:13 PM
wow, cool stuff m8

R6 My favourite tactic game

05 May 2006, 12:35 PM
Beautiful work! Your lighting and texture work is always dramatic. Thanks for sharing.

06 June 2006, 09:42 AM
fantastic! for me it's not boring at all. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
06 June 2006, 09:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.