View Full Version : Just a few questions

Oddgit
05 May 2006, 08:30 AM
Hi, i am graduating from the Academy of Art, this friday!!! yay me!
Now that i will have a ton of free time on my hand, i want to start learning other apps besides maya, I have always been impressed with XSI and was wondering if i should invest the cost of the student license to learn it. I know Maya Modo and LightWave prety well, not an expert though, i even know some houdini.
Not ever seeing the app, do you think it would be worth my time, i read alot of posts saying the app kicks ass.
Any input would be nice.

Bennyhase
05 May 2006, 07:24 PM
...there is a free version of Softimage XSI, at the Softimage Homepage www.softimage.com (http://www.softimage.com)

... with restricitions in some functions...

or this version does not longer exist?!?

Da Benny

Nii
05 May 2006, 03:02 AM
Perhaps take a look at the "Reasons to switch to XSI" thread. I learnt much from there.

mocaw
05 May 2006, 12:48 PM
Since the student version is the "hightest" form of the package and can be had for under $300 I don't see how you could go wrong. Why don't you download the 30 day trial and see for yourself? What is your area of focus by the way?

CGTalk Moderation
05 May 2006, 12:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.