View Full Version : some scribbles.. please say something

Norante
03 March 2002, 10:36 AM
Hi there... Itīs my first post here. Iīm sending along these drawings.. one illustration and some sketches. Dont leave them in one piece, please say what you think.

Norante
03 March 2002, 10:38 AM

Norante
03 March 2002, 11:26 AM

Hmura
03 March 2002, 12:41 PM
well.... here we are let me chop them up for you :wip:

The first two show that you have a great sense of light and shadow, but I dont like that style of drawing......

however the third one is more to my liking, excellent drawing, Nice style

Hmura

Gilgamesh
03 March 2002, 01:25 PM
Wow, those are great.
I do like lighting and contrast, and I would say that you did a superb job on all of them. The texture of that tree branch in the first image is just gorgeous. Keep up the good work.

Norante
03 March 2002, 08:02 PM
Thank you for the commmentary. I am a bit in the dark here, so they are very important to me. I hope more people "chopīem down" too :D :D :D

I will try to post more thing in the future

SoulCatcher
03 March 2002, 12:56 AM
Hello
some more :wip:

I goto say the first 2 illustrations feel like something out of an old fantasy story book, I like that because its differet and they satnd out. THey are very different from the thrid one you posted. now i like the fact that the first 2 look like old illustrations. The third one looks more like today's style and has very good line work , line work that would make the first 2 drawing stand out more in my opinion, but dont change them they look cool as they are.

Norante
03 March 2002, 04:00 AM
In fact, the first two were iluustrated from an old ( I mean OLD) chinese story named "How Wang Fo was saved". Its a very good story about an old artist and his love for his art. It was indeed intended to look old :)

The second one is a charachter of mine. I will post more of him later

Thanks again for the comments

dtek8
03 March 2002, 06:30 PM
really like your work, cool that u can create in diffrent styles to capture diffrent things that u want portray in the image,, good flexability!! amd agree with gigamarsh the tree branch is somthing special,,

:) :)

dtek

MayaA-W
03 March 2002, 08:57 PM
Excellent.. Your pencil work is great and your shadow work is great as well.
No perspective or proportion problems. Even the characters work well with the backdrops..
Great job

Norante
03 March 2002, 07:20 AM
thank you all for taking your time to comment. I really appreciate it.

toma
03 March 2002, 02:31 PM
Hi Norante !

WOW yes i LOVE it too. It makes me think to those old illustrations, in the middle age period. It has a really great atmosphere, mystic and dark.

Do you have other drawings to show ? I'd really like to see more of this kind. I sincerely love the mood there...

Norante
03 March 2002, 05:07 PM
yes.. I have more, but I can't post them now, since they are at home (Im at work now). I will post them as soon as I can.

toma
03 March 2002, 05:12 PM
Yes please do it !

I love your character drawing too. It says a lot of things to me. Relly impressive.

I sincerely love your style.

Norante
03 March 2002, 09:06 AM
Well, I only could find this one.. 2 years old

I will post newer things soon .. thanks for the appreciation

Norante
03 March 2002, 04:22 AM
no more comments.. ??

I was hoping you people bashed them out...

paranoy2k
03 March 2002, 08:53 AM
The last one is ****ing well shaded man!
There is something weird with the left foot and the head perspective...

Your level of shading is out of my reach man! ;)

Norante
03 March 2002, 08:26 PM
Yeah.. I abandoned that drawing while was doing it, so the hand and other parts are really shabby. Forgive me for that :p

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.