View Full Version : xsi strange uv problem in phtoshop

Caesar_Art
05 May 2006, 04:01 PM
hello guys :)
recntally i began learn use in xsi...it fast and stable great softwere...
3 days ago i make uv map and than in phtoshop i make 2000*2000 reslozia in xsi i chooice it in clip...now i have size of 2000...good and than i keep it and back to phtoshop i open it and there no map lines the uv's lines i try again and again i do it right so what the problem here:sad:
it prevent from me stay in xsi
Thanks
btw
sory about my poor english

visualboo
05 May 2006, 04:50 PM
Open your UVs in the UV editor. Set the clip to a blank image that has the resolution you would like your map to be. I have blank maps for this that are 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096 etc. Then with your correct clip and UVs selected, press Shift-S. Use Tiff as the file type because it will give you an alpha.

Caesar_Art
05 May 2006, 10:42 PM
thanks visualboo but it is still not work...i do exactly what you say and no uv's map lines in phtoshop...i dont know what do...
anywhere thanks again

JDex
05 May 2006, 10:56 PM
The stamp UVs are in the Alpha channel of the image... you need to stamp the image to a format that has an alpha channel.

Here's a PS7 action that I use to automate the setup of a XSI stamped texture. I have no idea if it works in the CS line of bloatware. To use load it from the Action Pallette's Context Menu.

AdamBaroody
05 May 2006, 10:58 PM
Open your UVs in the UV editor. Set the clip to a blank image that has the resolution you would like your map to be. I have blank maps for this that are 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096 etc. Then with your correct clip and UVs selected, press Shift-S. Use Tiff as the file type because it will give you an alpha.

Thats eactly what i do. I keep blank templates that i use just for this.

JDex
05 May 2006, 11:12 PM

I do the same as well... I also have rectangle versions for those occasional scenarios. I usually stamp to .pic because (at least in past versions) XSI seemed to have better success with stamping 2048 and larger stamps with that format. You'll need the .pic import/export plugin for PS though. Couldn't find the original link, so I'll attach it. Edit: removed... follow link in next post.

dwigfor
05 May 2006, 02:02 AM
PIC import/Export for PS is available on www.highend3d.com (http://www.highend3d.com)

Caesar_Art
05 May 2006, 09:05 AM
thanks guys :)
but it is not work...strange...:D ...
maybe i have problem on firegle x1-128 but in maya it work good there so i think that it is drivers so install avid drivers for xsi and still not work...
more 3 month i probably will buy new computer and than it need work.
anywhere tanks for helps...this great community

CGTalk Moderation
05 May 2006, 09:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.