View Full Version : CgTalk Daily Sketch 699 THE 45 MINUTE SKETCH: "Camelot"
05-05-2006, 12:26 PM
These are the rules:
* You have 45, (count them 45!) minutes to do your sketch. IF you go beyond the
assigned time limit , you have to post WHATEVER you have done after the time has
expired, along with the FINAL drawing.
* Also, I will add a new voting category, called THE FASTEST DRAW.
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
* RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600
* They can be done on any medium.
* If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
* Only original compositions. No "tributes" or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.
* The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
* The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
* Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
* The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
*You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
* Ill post ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
05-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Probably 30-40 minutes in there - had to stop to get ready to run errands :p
Had a reference for the perspective, still learning all that stuff :)
Done for practice with perspective and lighting - also trying to get better color - I /still/ had to duplicate and use a blending mode then merge to get the colors I wanted. I wonder when I won't have to do that anymore :/
05-05-2006, 08:13 PM
I am until bashful close to experts as you guys, but it is here, my first post here!!
45 minutes in there
05-05-2006, 08:19 PM
I forgot - Photoshop and Tablet.
05-05-2006, 11:50 PM
you might want to resize the image to 600x800 Pixels and you can use the image button when you are doing your entry to have the image show in the message window. Showing you image in the thread is a ok here. Just be sure that it follows the guidelines. You can also use the Edit button to edit a previous post to add the materials used and time taken if you forget it.
and Welcome to the DSG!
05-06-2006, 12:53 AM
difficult one for 45 mins but i stopped on time. blah. perspective's all wowed up.
05-06-2006, 01:48 AM
Lovely colourcomposition audit!
05-06-2006, 01:56 AM
Always thought of Camelot as being a wasteland being empty for thousands of years after the knights had left:
05-06-2006, 02:14 AM
05-06-2006, 06:16 AM
here's mine, Painter and Photoshop combined...
05-06-2006, 10:37 AM
hey everyone nice work!! =) its my first try at this time-limited DS .. Hope i got it right!!
45 min. tablet PS
05-06-2006, 01:33 PM
Fairly poor effort for 45 mins... but I had a lot of interruptions.
05-06-2006, 11:55 PM
35 minutes... painter IX and a movie playing in the background
05-06-2006, 11:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.