View Full Version : automatic visibilty layers

bymak
05 May 2006, 07:33 AM
hi people of cgtalk
I have problem for a long time, its about visibilty. I want make automaticaly visible object which are out of my range of vision. can I but those object in a layer automaticaly with help of script. is there any one here to help me ? I try something , for example primery visibilty dont work.

I use display resolution 1,2 in my scene and want make visible objects which out of that rim. waiting for your mesages.

thanks alot ...

Buexe
05 May 2006, 10:40 PM
Why don`t you adjust the far clipping plane of you camera?

bymak
05 May 2006, 07:03 AM
thanks for tip. but main idea is make object invisible in render. they are still seen in the render with that way ( with far plane ). solution seems to me put the objects in layers. m I wrong ?

Buexe
05 May 2006, 07:23 AM
I my opinion this should also work for rendering, but I haven`t checked it out.
If you say so it is probably that way. :hmm:

bymak
05 May 2006, 07:45 AM
Thanks for your interest. it does not work in render :( any other suggestions ?

Buexe
05 May 2006, 10:05 AM
I just tried it. You have to turn off "Auto render region" for the camera in the Attribute Editor. Then the Far clip plane is respected at render time

bymak
05 May 2006, 08:52 AM
thanks alot but that is not what I exactly want to do. far clip is only make far objects invisible. it is very helpful tip. But I want to make invisible the object which is not in resolution gate view. Thanks for help. I ll still hungry for new advice :D .

CGTalk Moderation
05 May 2006, 08:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.