XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : 1st digi attempt at 2d digi painting

04-30-2006, 12:11 AM
I've been doinf alot of pencil sketching latley, and i thought i'd apply photoshop to colour in teh rst of one of my mosre sci fi themed portraits: here is the sketch
and i'll be following this tutorial (http://www.mutedfaith.com/art/tutorial2.htm)to help me adapt to digital painting:, wish me luck.

04-30-2006, 08:59 AM
I have not yet experimented with any particular brushes, just manipulated hardness and size for the folowing,

Thats all teh info the tutrial provided me so now i'm on my own.
I'm planning to go about it in this way:
Replace all my hard edges ith a darker brush
Experiment with other brushed to bring out that skin texture feeling. especially when it comes to the darker layer of skin/"soft shadow"

Any other tips are welcome, also i once met a similar thread of some kind of comic book character, i remember the member having trouble with the abdominal muscles anatomy, it was a bluiesh charcter etc.. If anyone can figure out at least a keyeord of that thread please post so i can look back into it withthe search feature, If you know the link to the respective thread u r more than welcome to post it instead as well.

05-02-2006, 11:45 PM
here is the current progress, with no overlaying pencil sketch on top, haven't yet got used to the painting part, still trying to figure it out

CGTalk Moderation
05-02-2006, 11:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.