Lost Adventurer, Aleks Kirilenko (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : CA.org Painting Challenge - The HULK.

04-27-2006, 08:38 AM
some sketches/thumbnials/WIP for a painting challenge in the CA.org challenge arena.

04-27-2006, 01:31 PM
no comments? anyone?....

04-27-2006, 03:11 PM
I have no critique, just wanted to say that itīs really good. Really like the one with the party hat :D haha, great man!

I think the sixth hulk from the top is my favorite. Very cool proportions and he looks really bad ass.

Thanks for posting the little walkthough on how you work.

04-29-2006, 10:24 AM
thanks buddy.

04-29-2006, 11:09 AM
I think this is really good, I like the different concept sketches you posted and how they together make up a good view of how your hulk is portrayed. The thing is, I think you should vary your line width and introduce more colors into the hulk's skin, make him live a bit more- more desaturated purples and the like.

Aside from that......:thumbsup: I particularly like your desaturated thumbnails, they're cool!

04-30-2006, 12:02 AM
I totally agree aboutthe line weight -- I don't know HOW to do it, but I sure notice it - and being a huge HUGE fan of comics both American and Manga, well, you can't do comics without it, imo :)

I think you have a /great/ sense of comic style though, and are really promising. That birthday hat one is priceless! :)

04-30-2006, 06:43 AM
thanks ppl. :)
about lines - this is for a PAINTING challenge at the CA.org arena;
i`m not doing a comics piece. the theme is comics superheros, that`s true, but line weight got nothing to do with things here. plus - these are super quick sketches and ideas
for the final piece. none of `em is an actual entry.

04-30-2006, 08:48 AM
hey, Great concepts! :) have you posted em at conceptart.org ?
hovewer, nice thumbnails!!

04-30-2006, 01:51 PM
beautiful drawings - strong decisive body language, facial expressions - the whole deal.

04-30-2006, 02:01 PM
Dile - yeah, i did. it`s for this challenge that`s going on there.

Gord - thanks mate. :)
here`s another one:

CGTalk Moderation
04-30-2006, 02:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.