View Full Version : Rigging: cgSkin plugin install failure - looking for support

MichaelGeorge
04 April 2006, 11:10 PM
Greetings.

I am using 3ds Max 8 on a 2. ghz workstation with 2 gigs of ram running windows xp pro.
I have the turbo squid toolkit installed that includes ACT 1.6 pro.

I have been using the cg character tools like cgtube and cgmuscle with no problem.

I recently downloaded the cgskin demo and attempted installing it about 8 times.
I re-downloaded the program from both the cg character site and cgsociety.

I tried installing this software on 3 different machines with similar specs and still get the
same error messages as max loads in its plugins.

Apparently something in the cgskin.dlo is causing a division by zero error thang hangs MAX
and is stopping it from loading up. Once the cgskin.dlo is removed, max opens fine.

Again, I tested this many times on several different machines and get the same error.

It seems that there is some problem with the plugin.

However, after a diligent search of the internet, I am surprised not to see any mention of this problem anywhere.

I already emailed the support desk at cg character but haven't heard back yet (perhaps they are busy).

The plugin really sounds great and I am quite despondent that I can't get it to work.
I was prepared to buy it just from the description and avi examples alone.

I would be extremely qppreciative if some one could point me in the right direction with respect to how the solve this problem.

Thank you so much

Michael

virtualmesh
04 April 2006, 05:04 AM
put the cgskin.dlo file into a sub directory titled "!cgskin" or retitle the current installation folder !cgskin (note the exclaimation ! symbol before the cgskin) and set this folder name within the plugin path of 3dsmax.

someone found a solution that if the cgskin plugin is loaded first before ACT, the plugin would not post an error.

CGTalk Moderation
04 April 2006, 05:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.