View Full Version : pathdeformer/meshdeformer install?

Simon Wicker
04 April 2006, 07:25 PM
i'm having a problem getting pathdeformer and meshdeformer from renato tarabella to show up in my plug-ins menu on my PC at work. i have loaded the plugs and placed the key file in my cinema folder and when i check my console it tells me that the plugs have loaded correctly. however nothing appears in the plug-in menu?

i've done the usual thing, removed other plugs in case of an ID clash, dumped my preferences folder, etc., rebooted, etc.

i searched here at cgtalk and found an old post from mike abbott who had the same problem:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=204519&highlight=path+deformer

but he didn't mention if or how he fixed this. any help would be much appreciated, pulling my hair out about this.

cheers, simon w.

Simon Wicker
04 April 2006, 09:05 PM
well replying to myself I discovered that I was actually expanding the zip file incorrectly so all the .res files were floating loose in the main folder and this was confusing things. i re-expanded the plug-ins using win-zips extract to folder option and everything is working fine.

phew.

oh, and sorry to mike abbott, i've sent you several frantic e-mails about this thinking you might have THE answer for me (deadlines freak me out somewhat).

cheers, simon w.

Mike Abbott
04 April 2006, 09:45 PM
No problem - you'll find a couple of replies in your in-box :)

Glad you got it sorted.

Mike

RenatoT
04 April 2006, 07:22 PM
Hi All,

this is my fault, was better make a pathdefomer directory inside the zip :(

Cheers
Renato T.

CGTalk Moderation
04 April 2006, 07:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.