View Full Version : light coming through window..please help!

Leo_gal
04 April 2006, 02:37 AM
First off...probally a really stupid question, but if I have a spotlight in Maya 7 outside the window, how do you make it so it only lights through the window rather then lighting the whole room. Next question, I also want a bit of light fog coming in through the windows and the door, how would I do this so it's not everywhere in the scene. I also tried to put a grid on the intensity of the spotlight so it would look more realistic shining through the bars on the window, but it's not working properally. It's only lighting the area I don't want lit rather then the other way around. I also was looking at some previous posts and I was wondering if you can use radiosity in Maya? Any help or any other input would be greatly appreciated

Crymzon
04 April 2006, 05:18 AM
Try a simple thing. Create a spotlite with a cone angle wide enuff to encompass the windows and the door.
Then enable shadows, depth map or raytrace yr choice.Try varying the intensity of light. It should work or get u on the way .
Abt the fog, try adding a map in the lite fog settings.You will find the fog settings under light effects inside the attribute editor for your spotlight.
Hope this helps.

Regs!

CGTalk Moderation
04 April 2006, 05:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.