View Full Version : Wiring: how can u make the curve linear?

Dark Soldier
04 April 2006, 09:09 AM
one thing thats been buggin me recently is that wehn u wire some thing in max, just say some simple like cylinder Rotating X wired to a box moving in Y for example, and u look at the curve in the curve editor its got slow in slow out, i would think it would be better if it was linear, but any way question is how can i adjust this curve?

if u put a float list on and then a bezier in the avaible slot that just tells it to start at a specific point or messes with the wiring if there is more than one key

any help would be great

did i make any sense?

thanks

Dark Soldier
04 April 2006, 08:47 PM
anyone even know what mean?

Chinwagon
04 April 2006, 11:14 PM
It's not the wiring, it's your animation curve. Try making your keyframe tangents linear instead of auto.
: )

Dark Soldier
04 April 2006, 07:49 AM
yep i'm stupid, for some reason i thought that the curve u see in the childs wired transform axis was different from the animation curve of the parent object

stupid me, wasn't thinkin straight, very noobie question

Dark Soldier
04 April 2006, 10:19 AM
do u know what, i'm not stupid.

happened again. i used a float reactor on the percent track of a helper (A) with a path constraint on it, to a another helper (B) postion in (x,y,z). the animation curves of helper B are all linear, but when u look at the curve of the percent track, its curved!!! so theres a little bit of miss timed movement

i have accessed the curve of the float reactor in its window, but they are not curved, so how can i make them linear! its bugging me so much , because it just does it as default and doesn't seem editable

thanks

anyone know what i mean

PEN
04 April 2006, 10:41 AM
A wire parameter is just a stright connection between two values, it doesn't set up any type of curve and can't. You must have animation that is set the ease tangents some where.

Dark Soldier
04 April 2006, 12:24 PM
hi PEN

sorry i didn't write very clearly or just wrong. i realise that when wiring its just a straight connection, but in my example i did a float reaction from a perecentage track of a path constraint to an object in 3 positions. i made the objects curves straight, which when wiring makes the curves straight to because its a straight connection like u said.

but the curve from the float reaction on the percentage track was still curved. i had a look in the float reactor to see if its curves were curved or straight, b ut they were curved . why is this?

i'm not sure if i'm explaining well

thanks for any help, always appricate from a master

(p.s when do u think u'll start doing the advanced rigging series)

eek
04 April 2006, 12:02 AM
Post a pick of the fcurve if it has animation and the reaction window.

eek

CGTalk Moderation
04 April 2006, 12:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.