View Full Version : Character: First Head...

12 December 2002, 12:58 AM
Here is my first head ever. I know its not perfect, probably far from it. It is the Joan of Arc tutorial head, so its not too original, but what the heck. Its was also a test of my ability to TRY and make a glossy wet sort of material. The reason its in the finished gallery is because it was a school project and I intend on spending no more time on it. I just want to move on to making my own heads and such from my own ideas. Its a little overwhelming, the idea of making a whole head again without step by step, but I think I can do it... anyways, on to the pics, wireframes available if you would like. Modelled in Max 4.2, rendered in Brazil

Plain Brazil render with just skylight.

12 December 2002, 01:17 AM
very nice . I two will be posting my first head in a couple of day :beer:

12 December 2002, 06:53 AM
BTW: I was hoping for a little critique... something to let me know if I am headed the right way in my modelling and overall shape and design of a head (in this case a female, slightly japanese anime styled, hence the bigger eyes).

12 December 2002, 07:12 AM
Looks nice,
However, the eyes seem to be a little "floaty" The sockets and the cheek bones don't seem strong enough.

Very nice for a first head however, I've seen to many disaster heads.

12 December 2002, 07:41 AM
Looks really good. Looks good for like a tenth head let alone your first. I agree with the cheek bones thing, but hey I think you got the look you were going for.:thumbsup:

12 December 2002, 10:35 PM
Thank you guys. Ill keep that in mind about the cheekbones. Anyone have any words of advice before I start another head, or maybe even an animals head? Is the Joan of Arc way a good way to go about it, starting with just one poly around the eye, and extruding edges, then subdividing later on?

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.